Stomach ache or abdominal pain is a very common problem. Making a definitive diagnosis of the cause of abdominal pain can be difficult because many diseases can result in this symptom. Common pain in the belly (abdomen) is usually related to indigestion or an upset stomach. This occurs when the digestion process is more difficult than usual for the body to perform. This may occur as a result of certain foods, eating too fast, or eating food that is past its sell-by date.
- Mix 1 teaspoon each of mint juice and lime juice; add a few drops of ginger juice and a pinch of black salt. Drink this mixture to alleviate pain.
- Grate a small piece of ginger and extract its juice. Apply this juice on the bottom of the belly and massage it gently. This will be effective in curing stomach ache.
- Mix 2 teaspoons lemon juice and ¼ teaspoon rock salt powder in ½ cup of water. Have this mixture 3 times a day.
Diet and Lifestyle:
- Beneficial foods include apples, fully-ripened bananas, carrots, figs, rice, cassava, nuts, beans, pulses (legumes), and leafy green vegetables.
- Avoid eating fatty, sweet, spicy, oily, or heavy foods, caffeinated drinks, carbonated drinks, milk and cream.
- Also avoid sleeping in the daytime, drinking alcohol, having food at improper times, excessive sexual intercourse, excessive exercise, working late at night, and eating food when the previous meal is not yet digested.