Difficulty in passing urine is known as Dysuria (Urinary Infection). It might be associated with pain. The condition can arise due to a urinary tract infection, any obstruction in the pathway, or an abnormal narrowing of the urethra. In Ayurveda, urinary difficulty (urinary infection) is known as mootrakrichhra; mootra means ‘urine’ and krichhra means ‘difficulty’.
Home Remedies For Urine Infection:
- Massage the lower abdomen with lukewarm sesame oil for 20-30 minutes. After that, take a sitz bath (sit in a tub filled with lukewarm water).
- Mix powdered bark from the three-leaved caper tree (varun) and the puncture pine (gokhru) in equal proportion. Take 1 tablespoon of the powder with water twice a day.
- Boil 10-12 basil leaves in 1 cup of water for 15 minutes. Mix with 1 teaspoon of honey. Take twice a day.
Diet and Lifestyle:
- Increase intake of liquids, brown rice, jaggery, rock candy (or unrefined sugar), buttermilk, watermelon, muskmelon, dates, coconut, Indian gooseberry (amla; amalaki), and purified butter.
- Avoid very heavy, hot, penetrating, sour, salty and spicy foods; incompatible foods; fish; and sesame seeds.
- Avoid excessive alcohol consumption, physical exertion, overindulgence in sexual activities, travelling on fast vehicles, and sitting under the sun for a long time.