Headache क्या है ?
Headache is a severe pain in the head, the scalp and the neck area. It is also known as Cephalgia. Almost everyone suffers from headache at some point in their life. A headache can be a result of emotional stress, high blood pressure, anxiety and depression. A report by WHO (World Health Organisation) suggests that almost half of all the adults worldwide experience headache in any given year.
There are two types of Headaches: -
- Primary Headache: Normal headaches and Migraines come under the category of Primary Headaches.
- Secondary Headache: Headache due to over-dosage of Medicines and Pain in areas like cervical spine and neck.
1. Headache may be due to changes in the chemical activity of the brain.
2. Can be due to Brain Tumour.
4. Panic Attacks
5. Alcohol intake in access.
7. Hormonal Changes
9. Not getting enough sleep
10. Food Additives like MSG or Aspartame.
- 1. Migraine: A person feels harsh pain on one side of the head. Blurred Vision, Light-Headedness and Nausea are some symptoms of migraine
- 2. Rebound Headaches: Rebound headaches can be due to the overuse of medications to treat headache symptoms. Rebound Headaches may also lead to neck pain, reduced sleep quality and restlessness.
- 3. Cluster Headaches: Cluster headaches can occur between 15 minutes to 3 hours. The affected area may become red and swollen & nasal passage may become stuffy and runny.
Complications arising are a result of huge gallstones and or blocked ducts. Inflammation and infection may follow leading to:
- • Cholecystitis - Inflammation of the gallbladder.
• Cholangitis – infection of the bile ducts
• Jaundice – yellowness of the eyes and skin due to the blocking of the gallbladder & liver ducts causing inflammation or infection.
• Pancreatitis – inflammation or infection of the pancreas
• Sepsis – a widespread blood infection
- 1. Start maintaining good posture, and get into the habit of moving around.
2. Get a good amount of sleep. An adult at least needs 8-9 hours for optimum mental functioning.
3. Drink enough water in the day to avoid dehydration.
4. Stress triggers headaches in many people. Therefore, proper stress management is required.
5. Start eating whole grains, water-rich fruits and green veggies. Dry fruits like cashews, almonds and seeds are also helpful in treating migraines.
6. Get into the habit of doing meditation on a regular basis.
7. Make your daily routine and try to schedule everything from eating to sleeping according to that routine.
8. Try to curb your caffeine intake by minimizing your tea and coffee intake.
9. Massaging the head with Brahmi oil can be helpful in treating severe headaches.
10. Replace your table salt with rock salt.
11. Start applying chandan on the forehead.
12. Biting elaichi can also be helpful in migraines.
Ayurvedic treatment for headaches and migraines not only diminishes pain but also eliminates the root cause of the disease. One such herbal treatment is prepared by AyurvedGuru. This treatment not only reduces stress and fatigue but also relaxes the brain nerves and maintain the blood pressure. Ayurvedguru's Panchkarma treatments are also very helpful in this regard. Panchkarma Treatments like Snehan, Dhoompana, Sweden and Snehan are really helpful in relaxing the mental state of the individual.
Click on the link to know about Panchkarma methods: https://bit.ly/391KRGc
Click on the link to know about Headache Treatment Package: https://bit.ly/31pufG7