What is Asana?
Asana is a Sanskrit word, which is often translated as "Posture" or "Pose". Asana can also be called a "comfortable seat". Asana involves stretching and correction of body posture through various Yoga exercises. This helps in muscle tightening and spinal correction, and also for mental peace and calmness. Asanas have appeared in cultures like Hinduism and Buddhism for many centuries. As written in Yoga Sutras 2:46,
स्थिरसुखमासनम् ॥४६॥ Asana means a steady and comfortable posture.
Types of Asanas: -
At AyurvedGuru, we have trained staff who will teach you many Yogic Asanas. Some of the Asanas are mentioned as follows: -
- Dhanurasana & many more.
Benefits of Yogic Asanas: -
- Helpful in combating stress & anxiety.
- Helps in improving the quality of life of elder people.
- Beneficial for Asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
- Aids in Diabetes management.
- Reduces hypertension and improves the sleep cycle.
- Treats lower back pain
- Strengthen bones and muscles