What is Pranayama?
Pranayama is the control of the breath. On the surface level of the body, pranic energy is responsible for the "life force" and getting control over it, is called Pranayama. 5 types of Pranas are responsible for various activities in the body: Prana, Apana, Vyan, Udana, and Samana. The practice of Pranayama is crucial for achieving the balance of mind and body. There is also Hatha Yoga that is responsible for 8 types of Pranayam. Scientifically speaking, these are the group of Yogic exercises aimed to provide maximum oxygen to the mind as well as the body. If you want to maneuver the art of controlling your breath then consider doing Pranayam every morning. It can do wonders for your health.
Here are some benefits of doing Pranayama
- Pranayam promotes mindfulness and relaxation of muscles.
- Also, helps improve hypertension.
- Boosts the immune system.
- Helpful in PTSD symptoms.
- It reduces stress hormones.
- Helps in Weight Management.