Piles are hemorrhoids that become inflamed. Hemorrhoids are masses, clumps, cushions of tissue in the anal canal – they are full of blood vessels, support tissue, muscle and elastic fibers. The size of piles can vary and are found inside or outside the anus. Although hemorrhoids are thought of as unpleasant inflammations, we all have them. It is when the hemorrhoidal cushions become too big (inflamed) that problems occur – when this happens they are called piles or pathological hemorrhoids.
Causes For Piles
• Low fiber diet
• Chronic Diarrhea
• Chronic constipation
• Anal intercourse
• lifting heavy weights
• straining when passing a stool
Sign & Symptoms For Piles :
In most cases piles are not serious and go away on their own after a few days. An individual with piles may experience the following symptoms
1. A hard lump may be felt around the anus. It consists of coagulated blood, called a thrombosed external hemorrhoid. This can be painful
2. After going to the toilet, a feeling that the bowels are still full.
3. Bright red blood after a bowel movement
4. Itchiness around the anus
5. Mucus discharge when emptying the bowels
6. Pain while defecating
7. The area around the anus may be red and sore.
Diet & Lifestyle
1. Avoid the intake of heavy, dry, cool, and stale foods.
2. Avoid refined foods like jams, pastries, packaged, and canned foods.
3. Also avoid tea, coffee, aerated drinks, and alcoholic beverages.
4. Avoid pickles, potatoes, and root vegetables except radish and carrot.
5. Avoid excessive fasting, overeating, eating during indigestion, and eating incompatible food.
6. Eat more fruits including oranges, figs, strawberries, kiwis, bananas, pears, papayas, apples, grapes, and mangoes.
Home Remedies For Piles
1. Take 1 tbsp black cumin seeds (shah jeera), roast and mix with 1 tbsp of unroasted black cumin seeds and powder both together. Take 1/2 a tsp with a glass of water once a day.
2. Radish juice taken in the morning and night. Start with 1/4 a cup and increase to 1/2 a cup gradually over a period of 1 month.
3. Wash 3-4 figs. Soak in a glass of water over night. Eat them first thing in the morning. Again repeat in the night.
4. Boil 1 ripe banana in 1 cup of milk, mash well. Take 3-4 times a day.
5. Crush bitter gourd leaves and extract the juice. Mix 3 tsp in 1 glass of buttermilk, and drink on an empty stomach every morning, for a month.
6. Drink a glass of buttermilk with 1/4 tsp carom seed powder (ajwain) and a pinch of salt