What it is ?
Infertility is the inability to naturally conceive a child or to carry a pregnancy to full term. The cause can be attributed either to the male or the female. According to Ayurveda, the presence of a healthy sperm, healthy ovum, and healthy uterus is essential for conception. The absence or poor quality of any of these factors can lead to infertility.
What Causes it ?
According to Ayurveda, preparing for conception can be easily compared to the process of farming. Just like the health of a crop depends on the quality of soil, seed, timing of sowing, and amount of watering it gets, the health of a baby depends on the health of its parents. For a pregnancy to be healthy and successful, a couple needs to take care of the following four essential factors:
1. Sperm/Ovum (Seeds)
2. Uterus (Soil)
3. Nourishment (Water)
4. Time for Conception (Timing of Sowing)
Female infertility is caused due to structural problems like blocked fallopian tubes, defect in cervical canal, uterine fibroids or polyps. Hormonal imbalance leading to ovulation problems too can cause infertility. In males infertility may have anatomical, psychological, hormonal or lifestyle related causes. The cause of infertility in approximately 20% of couples can’t be determined using the currently available methods of investigation. From Ayurvedic perspectives, shukra dhatu can get affected by various physical, mental causes and even by serious diseases. Poor quality shukra dhatu can cause infertility in males & females.
: Inability to reproduce
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
1. Eat soaked almonds or soaked walnuts (you can grind them and add them to your vegetables).
2. Stress can have a major impact on women’s fertility. The importance of a positive attitude is essential when trying to get pregnant.
3. Sweet, juicy fruits such as mangoes, peaches, plums, and pears are recommended.
4. Spices such as ajwain (bishop’s weed) powder, cumin (which purifies the uterus in women and the genitourinary tract in men), turmeric (to improve the interaction between hormones and targeted tissues), and black cumin are also good for enhancing fertility.
5. Consume more of dairy proteins, including milk, lassi (buttermilk), and panir (fresh cheese made of milk.
6. If your digestion is strong, eat urad daal (Split Black Gram) cooked with equal parts of turmeric, cumin, coriander, and fennel.
7. A banana cooked in ghee, cinnamon, and cardamom is a tasty and wholesome dessert for people with strong digestion
8. Avoid high-fat foods and foods containing preservatives
9. Caffeine should also be limited, especially if you’re having trouble conceiving.
10. Refined carbs, such as white bread, pasta and rice, should be limited.
11. Smoking, eating a lot of meat, or drinking alcohol is not recommended.
12. Being both overweight and underweight can impair a woman’s odds of getting pregnant. If you are underweight, your reproductive system will shut down because of the body’s inability to maintain a pregnancy. On the other hand, being overweight or obese reduces a woman’s chances of getting pregnant.
Pure herbal treatment by Vaidya Ayurvedguru to cure infertility in females with well proven result, has a very high rate of success in treating different causes of infertility in females.