Difficulty in passing urine is known as Dysuria(Urinary Infection). It might be associated with pain. The condition can arise due to a urinary tract infection, any obstruction in the pathway, or an abnormal narrowing of the urethra.In Ayurveda, urinary difficulty (urinary infection) is known as mootrakrichhra
means ‘urine’ and krichhra
Home Remedies For Urine Infection:
- Massage the lower abdomen with lukewarm sesame oil for 20-30 minutes. After that, take a sitz bath (sit in a tub filled with lukewarm water).
- Mix powdered bark from the three-leaved caper tree (varun) and the puncture pine (gokhru) in equal proportion. Take 1 tablespoon of the powder with water twice a day.
- Boil 10-12 basil leaves in 1 cup of water for 15 minutes. Mix with 1 teaspoon of honey. Take twice a day.
Diet and Lifestyle:
- Increase intake of liquids, brown rice, jaggery, rock candy (or unrefined sugar), buttermilk, watermelon, muskmelon, dates, coconut, Indian gooseberry (amla; amalaki), and purified butter.
- Avoid very heavy, hot, penetrating, sour, salty and spicy foods; incompatible foods; fish; and sesame seeds.
- Avoid excessive alcohol consumption, physical exertion, overindulgence in sexual activities, traveling on fast vehicles, and sitting under the sun for a long time.