Hypertension or high blood pressure
Hypertension or high blood pressure means elevation of blood pressure above the normal range, which depends upon a person’s age, sex, physical and mental activities, family history, and diet. Normal blood pressure of a healthy adult individual is 120 mmHg systolic and 80 mmHg diastolic.
- Make a juice of 3-4 garlic cloves, 10-12 basil leaves, and a small quantity of wheat grass. Have once a day.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of onion juice with an equal amount of honey. Take once a day for 1 week. Upon noticing improvement, continue for several more days.
- Keep clean potable water in a copper urn overnight. Have 3-4 glasses in the morning.
Diet and Lifestyle:
- Avoid meat, eggs, table salt, pickles, tea and coffee.
- Avoid smoking as it increases heart rate.
- Increase use of garlic, lemon, parsley, Indian gooseberry (amla; amalaki), watermelon, grapefruit, skim milk and cottage cheese.
- Regular exercise is one of the best ways to lower blood pressure; brisk walking, jogging, swimming and athletics are good options.
- Laughter is the best medicine, as it relieves stress and anxiety, which are the main causes of high blood pressure in today’s lifestyle.