can be caused by sinusitis
, over working, mental stress, indigestion
, hyper acidity
, sleeplessness and fever. Often, it is also present as a symptom of another disease. As there are many different potential causes for headache and migraine
, the treatment cannot simply be pain relief. Lifestyle and diet needs to be carefully considered and appropriate changes should be made.
- Vegetables without oil or spices, vegetable and fruit juices and soups are recommended.
- Fruits like apples and grapes, and some sweets and dairy products can be taken moderately according to digestive capacity.
- Rice, salad and buttermilk are beneficial.
- In the morning, take a glass of water mixed with a teaspoon of honey.
- Avoid fried food, frozen or cold food, meat, spicy or dry food, tea, coffee, and food that cannot be easily digested.
- Yogurt should be avoided especially in the evening.
- Ayurveda also recommends against taking sour or acidic food. Minimize the consumption of pickled or smoked food, alcohol, cheese and chocolates as much as possible.
- Grind dry ginger and make a paste by adding water. Apply this poultice on the temple.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of clove, cinnamon, and almond powder together. Add a little water to make a paste. Apply this paste on the forehead.
- Mix a pinch of clove powder in 1 teaspoon of cinnamon oil. Apply this mixture on the forehead or temples.
- Take 1 tablespoon of almond oil and boil it. When it cools down, put two drops in each nostril.