What it Detoxification?
Detoxification (detox for short) is the physiological or medicinal removal of toxic substances from a living organism, including, but not limited to, the human body, which is mainly carried out by the liver. Basically, detoxification means cleaning the blood. This is done by removing impurities from the blood in the liver, where toxins are processed for elimination. The body also eliminates toxins through the kidneys, intestines, lungs, lymph and skin. However, when this system is compromised, impurities aren’t properly filtered and every cell in the body is adversely affected.
What causes Detoxification?
I. Food allergies, environmental allergies, molds, and toxins from molds.
II. Eating a standard American diet.
III. Mental, emotional, and spiritual toxins — isolation, loneliness, anger, jealousy, and hostility, all of which translate into toxins in our system.
IV. Medications can sometimes be toxins. Often we need medications, but the reality is that most of us are over medicated and use medications to treat problems for which there are better solutions, such as lifestyle and diet.
V. Internal toxins–things like bacteria, fungus, and yeast inside our gut as well as hormonal and metabolic toxins that we need to eliminate.
How supplements can help?
1. Stimulating the liver to drive toxins from the body;
2. Promoting elimination through the intestines, kidneys and skin;
3. Improving circulation of the blood; and
4. Refueling the body with healthy nutrients.
“Other simple way to detox is , Resting the organs through fasting. Detoxification works because it addresses the needs of individual cells, the smallest units of human life.
Detoxification – Symptoms
1. Unexplained fatigue
2. Sluggish elimination
3. Irritated skin
5. Low-grade infections
6. Puffy eye or bags under the eyes
8. Menstrual problems
9. Mental confusion
Diet & Lifestyle :
1. Eat plenty of fiber, including brown rice and organically-grown fresh fruits and vegetables. Beets, radishes, artichokes, cabbage, broccoli, spirulina, chlorella, and seaweed are excellent detoxifying foods.
2. Cleanse and protect the liver by taking herbs such as dandelion root, burdock and milk thistle, and drinking green tea.
3. Take vitamin C, which helps the body produce glutathione, a liver compound that drives away toxins.
4. Drink at least two quarts of water a day.
5. Breathe deeply to allow oxygen to circulate more completely through your system.
6. Transform stress by emphasizing positive emotions.
7. Practice hydrotherapy by taking a very hot shower for five minutes, allowing the water to run on your back. Follow with cold water for 30 seconds. Do this three times, and then get into bed for 30 minutes.
8. Sweat in a sauna so your body can eliminate wastes through perspiration.
9. Dry-brush your skin or try detox foot spas/foot baths to remove toxins through your pores. Special brushes are available at natural products stores.
10. What is the most important way to detoxify? “Exercise,” says Bennett. “Yoga or jump-roping are good. One hour every day.” Also try Qigong, a martial-arts based exercise system that includes exercises specifically for detoxifying or cleansing, as well as many other exercises with specific health benefits.