What is Cervical Spondylitis?
Cervical Spondylosis is a kind of Arthritis that affects cervical vertebrae and is characterized by pain at the back of the neck (radiating towards the upper limbs) and vertigo while bending downwards. There might be sensory loss and numbness in the upper limbs. In Ayurveda, it is known as Grivasandhigatvata. There are some degenerative changes in the cervical vertebrae. This, when coupled with trauma or incorrect posture while sitting or sleeping leads to the manifestation of Cervical Spondylosis.
What Causes Cervical Spondylitis ?
Cervical spondylosis is a degenerative clinical condition that involves changes to the bones, spinal discs and joints of the neck. Also known as cervical osteoarthritis, it is quite common in people who spend long hours on a computer, lead a sedentary life and those who have careers that require excessive stress on their neck like gymnasts and athletes. Here are the 9 reasons that lead to this condition.
1. Lifestyle factors
2. Lack of vitamins
3. Lack of essential minerals
4. Sitting for long hours
How Supplements can Help in Cervical Spondylitis ?
A very well proven herbal treatment without any side effects by Ayurvedguru to cure the problem of Cervical Spondylitis Has a very high rate of success.
Symptoms of cervical and lumbar (back) spondylosis.
1. Morning Sickness, Stiffness in Neck
2. Neck and shoulder pain
3. Restricted movement of neck.
4. Pain aggravating during traveling
5. Feeling of tiredness or fatigue
6. Soreness and stiffness in the respected areas
7. Numbness and tingling sensation in the hands or feet
8. Sciatic pain in case of lumbar spondylosis
9. Poor reflexes of hands and feet.
Diseases cured by this treatment:
1. Cervical Spondylitis
2. Cervical disc prolapse
3. Numbness in Hands.
Cervical Spondylitis – Precautions:
1. Massage the affected area with Mustard Oil processed with 2-3 Garlic Cloves, twice daily.
2. Drink warm water and always take warm, freshly cooked food.
3. Avoid the intake of dairy products and curd, especially in the evening.
4. If milk is to be taken, then it must first be processed with Turmeric or Garlic.
5. Avoid the intake of peas, beans, dicotyledons, polished rice, okra and vata generating edible Products.
6. Swallow 2-3 Garlic cloves and 1 square inch slice of Ginger to alleviate joint pain and inflammation.
7. Cod liver oil capsules that are rich in omega-3 Fatty acids are beneficial as well.
8. Maintain the flexibility of Joints by doing certain exercises as prescribed by the Physiotherapist.
Recommended duration of the course
: Initially medicine will be given to patient for 1 month and if the patient shows good results then the medicine will be continued until the symptoms of the disease are totally removed. It may take 2 to 6 months.
1) Griva Vasti ( Local Treatment )
2) Vasti ( Vaata Shaman )